The basic procedures involved in dyeing cotton fabrics using fiber reactive dyes
- Color gradations within a color family
- Color gradations from color family to color family
- Color wheels
- Techniques to create visual texture and one of a kind fabrics
- Learn how to make "convergence fabrics" just like Barb and Diane
- We will have blank white T shirts in many different styles and sizes for sale the day of the workshop.
- We will have a selection of onesies, dresses and rompers for your little ones.
- We will also have PFD fabric for sale by the yard or by the bolt.
- Interested in trying to dye silk? We will have some!
- Want to dye fibers for embellishment? We’ll have some of them, too.
Bring other items from home and we will help you dye them. Think old table linens, crocheted doilies, kid's socks. The fun is just starting! The methods we use work with cellulose (plant based) materials or silk. No wool. (That’s an entirely different process.) Think cotton, linen, rayon. Blends will also work as long as they include some cellulose fibers. If you’re in doubt, bring it along. We’ll advise you.
For more details and registration:
Quilts by Barb 2012 Hand Dyeing Workshop
We would love to have your join us!