Sunday, May 17, 2009
Here's the final product! I am extremely happy with how this quilt turned out!
I sent the quilt to Barb to do some bare-bone's quilting and I also bought a quilt back from her. She chose this fabulous batik print for this quilt! I loved how the bare bones quilting looked on this quilt...it was already busy enough with all the color and pattern happening...it needed something simple and what she did was just perfect!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
May 10 -16, 2009
STOP TO PLAY, STAY TO BUY
Has the long, cold winter left you in a daze? Well, Quiltsy is celebrating the coming of spring in a big way, with an assortment of prizes worth $350!!
Our May Daze promotion is sure to waken your adventurous spirit with a lively game of hide & seek through participating shops. While the game is being hosted, you will also be treated to special promotions offered by each shop which can range from free shipping, to free gifts and/or discounts. Winners of our game will receive prizes from among our most popular-selling items.
Quiltsy Team members are quite a creative bunch, and you will find within the items for sale new twists on traditional quilts, as well as other delightful items in the fiber arts arena.
HOW TO PLAY
- Your objective is to find the secret letters hidden within listings of participating shops. These letters will be placed in one of the 4 alternate pictures in a listing of the seller's choosing.
- There are SIX words in total, and 35 shops. The letters that belong in the same word will be the same color to help you unscramble.
- The letters will be hidden in a quilt-related item; the seller may opt to give a clue, so be sure to read the shop intro!
- Once you have located all the pictures, unscramble the matching letters to form a quilt related word/phrase.
- Send your answer in a convo to QuiltsyTeam. (You will need to sign in to Etsy). Please include the words "May Daze" in the subject line.
- For each correct answer, you will get an entry to win one of six prize packages. The number of prizes in your package is determined by the length of the word. So for example, if you unscrambled the word "lotion", and your name is drawn from the correct entries, you would win six prizes!
- We encourage you to buy from participating shops, but there is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Winners will be drawn from among the correct answers received. Winners will receive notification of their winning entry by May 25, 2009. You will be asked to provide your shipping address at that time.
- Your prizes will be shipped direct to you from the shop giving the prize. This is great because you will get little surprises in your mailbox over several days. How fun!
- No Quiltsy Team members or their families may play.
- Drawing only valid for correct answers received between 12:00 AM EST May 10 through 11:59 PM EST May 16, 2009
- Only one entry per user per word. So you cannot submit "lotion" over and over; but you could submit "lotion" and "soap" to get two entries.
We sincerely hope you enjoy our May Daze promotion! Good luck!
LIST OF PARTICIPATING SHOPSPlease visit QuiltsyTeam.etsy.com for the complete list of shops and to play the game!!!
Remember: you are looking for letters like this in one of the images of a listed item in their shops!
Written by LoveBug Studios. Letter image provided by ForQuiltsSake. Prize photos submitted by participating shops.
If you win the item from QuiltsbyBarb you will be winning this stunning piece of hand-dyed fabric (1 yd)!
Whoever wins the item from KimsCraftyApple will be recieving this hand-dyed quilted zippered pouch!
ALL shops participating in this even will be having special promotion offers....a percentage off, free shipping, or maybe even a free gift! Make sure to stop by and see what you can get and have FUN playing the game!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
It's officially time to vote for the next etsyBaby challenge. This month the theme is: Cinco de Mayo, which I just heard on the radio that festivities in Mexico are cancelled. Oh well, we'll still celebrate on etsyBABY! Just click on this link: http://www.shopetsybaby.com/May.htm to cast your vote!
Tadpolecreations made this adorable Baby Mexican Mariachi Guitar Onesie
This cute Lounge Set for Girls was made by DillyBobDesigns.
EmaleesBoutique made this EtsyBABY Cinco de Mayo Team Challenge inspired clippy.
Gaiababy made this super fun Punk Diaper Bag for her entry in the challenge.
Minimonster did not disappoint me in this challenge with their
MiniMonster Hot Hot Hot Pepper Finger Puppets (3).
PlainJaneBaby made this Boutique Tattered Fabric Flower that would look fabulous on any girl (I’m even thinking about it…how great!)
Osana the UPCYCLED OCTOPUS is SewnNatural’s Entry….Way TOO Cute!
This adorable i rock onesie is brought to you by Stoopher.
Where's the Point - Fireworks Quilt is my entry for this months challenge! I took some new pictures of it on my deer fence on Sunday…I’m pretty happy with how it looks!
So that was a quick picture summary of this month’s competitors. I hope you take a minute to go and VOTE!