Monday, March 30, 2009

'In the Jungle' Quilt - Made by Diane, Quilted by Barb

In my January 7th blog on Kim's Crafty Apple, Welcome to the Jungle, I started to talk about the amazing quilt that my mother-in-law made for my first born, Cedi. I am now taking the time to show you, in detail, the incredible work that my mother-in-law, Diane, did with the construction of the quilt and the amazing job that my aunt-in-law, Barb, did on the quilting.

A significant portion of the fabric in this quilt was hand-dyed by my mother-in-law. We will be having a hand-dying workshop on June 2oth - go to http://www.lapaceksorchard.com/ to sign you and a friend up today!

The creatures on the quilt were appliqued on and then quilted with amazing texture. The
combined effort creates an almost three-dimensional look.


If you look at the picture above and below this paragraph you can see that Barb even quilted Cedi's name (Cedi Lapacek) into the background...how amazing is that!

Diane chose to do a crazy quilted border...using fabulous stitching patterns at different seams and a variety of fabulous thread. You can literally spend HOURS and HOURS looking at this quilt and see something each time.








When looking through the pictures, try to see how many different animals and flowers, and other unique patterns that Barb quilted into the background...

And just a few final close up pictures of this incredible quilt.

I would love to hear what your favorite part of this amazing quilt is!





No comments: