The Yard that Keeps on Going...... is another section of the Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend's sponsored by Quilts by Barb ‘Show and Tell.' Before I get into the pictures I’ll explain what the ‘Yard that Keeps on Going...........’ means.
1. Everyone gets one yard of Barb's own hand dyed fabric from Quilts by Barb. This one yard piece is Barb's selection. You may trade your one yard piece with anyone in the retreat group BUT you MAY NOT trade for a different yard of hand dyed fabric from the Mini Store.
2. The fabric is yours to do what you want. If you bring an actual finished project back to a future retreat where you use ALL OR MOST of the one yard piece of hand dyed fabric, you will receive another FREE yard of Hand Dyed Fabric from Quilts by Barb to make a second project of your choice. (No pictures of projects please; we need the real thing!) The rules will stay the same, year after year. The fabric will always be Barb's choice.
3. The fabric must be used on the quilt front; it cannot be used as a quilt back. Would we accept a mini whole cloth table topper with cool machine quilting on the full piece of hand dyed fabric? Yes, absolutely.
4. Use your imagination. All the fabrics handed out each year are from the same dye batch. The coloring will vary but the fabrics will all have some similarity.
5. This will be an “extra item” Show and Tell each year. We want to see who has fabric going and going and going through our 10th anniversary!
I’m excited to see what everyone comes up for next years’ retreat!